Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about books and reading.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read? Before bed. I don’t sleep well if I don’t get a chance to read first.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.) No–too busy rushing to get to work on time!
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.) Coffee.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read? At least an hour, usually two.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? Probably more for fun, as I was in grad school ten years ago.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? No.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleportation. Is that a superpower? Or alternatively, being able to fly.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go? Yes.
9. What KIND of book? E-book via my kindle or kindle app on another device.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card? Birth? I don’t remember, but it started young…
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?) Probably one I got from a thrift store at some point. The oldest one that’s actually mine from the beginning is my copy of the Little House series of books, which I’ve kept for my own daughters.
12. Do you read in bed? Almost always.
13. Do you write in your books? If it’s for school, otherwise no.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be? Read what you love, and be your own critic–don’t worry about other people’s opinions.