So, my first Read-a-Thon is officially over! Here’s the books I ended up reading:
1. The Submission by Amy Waldman – HALFWAY FINISHED
2. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella – FINISHED!
I knew I’d never get through all of them, but I’m happy to say that I got a lot of quality reading time in. And to be fair, I didn’t finish Twenties Girl until this afternoon, after the official end time of the Read-a-Thon, but it was pretty close.
And, to put the cherry on top of the sundae, I won one of the mini-challenges! Thanks to Book Drunkard for choosing my acrostic description of The Submission. I had fun with that one.
Here’s my end-of-event meme…
- Which hour was most daunting for you? The first few hours were the hardest, as my youngest daughter was sick yesterday morning and I could see my read-a-thon time slipping away. Luckily she was feeling better by the afternoon.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Twenties Girl was a great Read-a-Thon choice, as it was a fast and entertaining read.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe explain the events a bit more clearly ahead of time? I didn’t really know what to expect, and I found I had a hard time keeping up with the mini-challenges and reading, too.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved having a cheerleader come by and cheer me on–that was really nice!
- How many books did you read? 2 partial, 1 completed.
- What were the names of the books you read? See above!
- Which book did you enjoy most? They were both good in different ways. Next time, I’ll know to pick easy reads to keep my motivation up.
- Which did you enjoy least? I liked them both, but Twenties Girl was a better choice for quick reading.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Just keep doing what you do!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I definitely want to do it again, and I’d love to be a Cheerleader.
Thanks for the fun day, and see you next Read-a-Thon!