The Classics Club has come up with a fun way to get us motivated and reading our list books–the Classics Spin! This will be my second attempt at reading a spin book, and hopefully I’ll be more successful this time around.
The rules are:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by October 1, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
So here goes!
Five books I’m dreading/hesitant to read
1. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery
2. The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton
3. Une Vie by Guy de Maupassant
4. Mythology by Edith Hamilton
5. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
Five books I can’t WAIT to read
6. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
7. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
8. A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
9. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Five books I’m neutral about
11. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
12. Emma by Jane Austen
13. Antigone by Sophocles
14. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
15. Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko
16. The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
17. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
18. Middlemarch by George Eliot
19. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
20. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee