The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2017 or later (any book published in the year 2016 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published before 2017!
My 2018 TBR Pile Challenge List:
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- City of God by Beverly Swerling
- Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
- The Submission by Amy Waldman
- March by Geraldine Brooks
- The Moonflower Vine by Jetta Carleton
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- The Group by Mary McCarthy