Even though we still have a few weeks left in 2017, Goodreads was kind enough to send my ‘Year in Books’ review. I made a conscious effort to read more widely this year and I think it shows. I also did very few reviews and focused on reading for pleasure, and I’m happy to say that my overall satisfaction with what I read reflects that.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Number of books read – 56
- Number of pages read – 18,708
- Shortest book – Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson
- Longest book – The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
- Number of books with 5-star ratings – 15
- Favorite fiction book(s) of the year – The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach and My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent (I can’t choose!)
- Favorite nonfiction book of the year – Just Kids by Patti Smith
- Percentage of fiction books – 84%
- Percentage of nonfiction books – 16%
- Percentage of male authors – 35%
- Percentage of female authors – 65%
If you want to see the whole list, feel free to check out my Goodreads page.
What about you? What were some of your reading highlights and accomplishments for 2017?